Have you ever sat back and analyzed the possible side effects of our modern day technology boom? Or, wondered what implications these technological advancements are having on the health of all people, animals, and the planet? Advancements in these areas have created an invisible world of radiation that constantly surrounding us. Let’s dive deeper into the realities of EMF pollution.
Electric and magnetic fields (EMFs) are invisible areas of energy – often referred to as radiation – that are associated with the use of electrical power, along with various forms of natural and man-made lighting and electronics. Every wireless device is a two-way microwave radio that sends and receives a type of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation called radio frequency radiation (RF-EMF). While these devices have much improved our livelihoods, this has come with concerns about possible health risks to mankind and the planet. Due to the recency of these technologies, it is too early to have enough scientific research to establish all the harm that these frequencies are (or could be) causing. Let’s take a look at what has been discovered thus far.
EMF Pollution Facts:
- In 2011, the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer first classified cell phone and wireless radiation as a “class 2 B Possible Human Carcinogen,” – based on research studies which showed long-term users of cell phones had higher rates of brain cancer on the side of the head where they held their phones.
- Exposure to non-thermal radio frequency radiation from Wi-Fi and cellular phones can disrupt normal cellular development; especially fetal development.
- The growth of wireless telecommunication technologies creates an increase in electrosmog.
- Radio frequency fields in the MHz range disrupt insect and bird orientation.
- A review of 113 studies from original, peer-reviewed publications found that in 65% of the findings, RF-EMF had a significant effect on birds (embryos and eggs), insects, other vertebrates, other organisms and plants in 70% of the studies.
- Within the laboratory, duckweed exposed to low intensity magnetic fields showed an accumulation of alanine; a metabolic response to stress.
How can I make an impact:
Action 1: Global Goodness
- Replace your wireless home phones with cordless devices.
- Turn off your WiFi at night to prevent the release of radiation while you sleep. Wifi emits higher levels of EMFs; consider plugging in an Ethernet cable into your router and turning the Wifi off.
Action 2: Planet Protector
- All of Action 1
- Research what’s to come with the new 5G. There are a lot of questions in the air about the speed of this new technology. Educate yourself so you can make an informed decision on what is best for your health and the health of the planet.
- Get an EMF meter. Knowing what is being emitted around you makes it easier to mitigate the radiation you are receiving.
Action 3: Earth Angel
- All of Action 1 & 2
- Tell Congress we want more research on the effects of EMF pollution. When we come together for change – change happens.
- Choose to be an Ambassador for Change, and always Spread Love and Spread Light.