Peanut Butter Chickpea Energy Balls
Nutrient dense easy to make energy balls.
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked or Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (No-salt added)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Organic Oat Flour
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Combine the chickpeas, peanut butter and the honey in a food processor and puree for 1 minute, or until smooth. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, sea salt and the ground oat flour; pulse to form a dough with the consistency of a stiff cookie dough. If crumbly, add a little more peanut butter. If too sticky, add a little more oat flour. Adjust salt to flavor preference Add mini chocolate chips; pulse just until evenly distributed. Transfer to a container and cover, refrigerating for 1 to 2 hours, until firm.Use a 1-tablespoon measure to scoop 32 portions of dough; roll between your palms to form 32 balls. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
Recipe inspired by: https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recipes/peanut-butter-chickpea-energy-balls/15087/?tid=a_inl