In our current go, go, go state of living, many people forget to give proper care to themselves. From busy moms to busy professionals, it seems one of the last items on everyone’s to-do list is self-care. However, did you know that by making self-care a priority you can maximize your production in all areas of your life? Caring for yourself, allows you the space to reconnect to yourself, body, mind and spirit – doing so opens you energetically to connect to others well-being and the well-being of our planet.
Taking Time for You:
Self-care is defined as any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. Proper self-care is the key to reducing stress, anxiety and increasing overall well-being. Self-care can include a variety of things such as exercise, massage, eating well, meditation, and yoga. Self-care is simply about taking the time to do things that can have a positive impact on your life. Self-care is not a selfish act. Everyone needs time to nurture their own well-being. Spending time cultivating your inner well-being allows you to fill your cup so you have more to share.
- Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with your “Self” – as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence, feeling worthy and overall happiness.
- Constant stress and anxiety can have an adverse effect on your mental and physical health.
- Self-care habits like eating healthy, connecting with a loved one or, practicing meditation reduces the negative effects of stress.
- Self-care includes proper amounts of rest. Knowing how much rest you need and how to properly rest is essential for maximizing your benefits of rest.
- Learn to say no. Overcommitting yourself is never a solution – learning to create healthy boundaries is essential for your overall well-being.
- Find ways to help you decompress. We all have a million and one things going on – finding an outlet to burn off stress and worry is critical.
How can I make an impact:
Tier 1: Global Goodness
- Slow down. Take time to nurture yourself by moving in a way that is mindful and present. Simply noticing joyful, as well as triggering moments, can allow you to assess what areas in your life are working for you and what is not working for your highest and best. Then you can make self-honoring choices for a different path in the future.
- Identify what you enjoy doing and make a serious effort to integrate more of it into your day.
Tier 2: Planet Protector
- All of Action 1
- Acknowledge where you are. A certain amount of peace comes when we can accept where we currently are. Similarly, if you are experiencing a rush of emotions, sit with them, acknowledge and let them move through.
- Feed your spiritual well-being. Find a form that speaks directly to your soul – whether it is reading the bible or cultivating a meditation practice – spending time in this area is essential for your health and well-being, as well as the well-being of the planet.
Tier 3: Earth Angel
- All of Action 1 & 2
- Learn to love yourself. Sometimes it is easier said than done, but it is possible. The universe chose to create you, and there is only one unique and perfect you.
- Choose to be an Ambassador for Change, and always Spread Love and Spread Light.
- “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde