Amazing Kids, Amazing Planet: October 2017
Join two of Broward Counties leading 501(c)3 non-profits dedicated to ecological and lifestyle education for young planet leaders. This SIX WEEK program meets once a week and is an adventure into the power of our everyday choices to impact our health and the health of the planet. We will explore plant-based nutrition, exercise, heartfulness, ecological awareness, and sustainable agriculture.
Amazing Kids, Amazing Planet is an interactive, hands-on food growing and holistic wellness family educational program taking place outdoors in nature, to encourage healthy lifestyles and to educate the environmental stewards of tomorrow.
The program is designed to inspire and empower youth and family members to make conscious choices that are both healthy for themselves and healthy for the planet. Some general concepts covered are:
• the Four Pillars of Health.
• how to grow your own food at home.
• the power of our daily choices to affect the
world around us.
• exercise as a fun group story telling journey
with new friends.
• delicious plant-based eating for health and
• the role of rest and relaxation in health.
• reading food labels and understanding
Dates: Oct. 31, Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec. 5, 2017
(program will run six times per year)
Cost: $60 per family for all SIX sessions (cost includes all materials, food, and activities)