HEAL THE PLANET DAY
April 14, 2019
*See below for specifics
Snyder Park, Fort Lauderdale
3299 SW 4th Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
From 95 N/S, exit east onto 84 East. Go approximately a mile and take a right onto SW 4th Avenue.
Snyder Park is approximately half a mile down SW 4th Avenue on the right.
LIST OF ZONES
🌱Mindful Movement Zone
🌱Holistic Pet Zone
🌱Young Planet Leader Zone
🌱Grow Your Own Zone
**STAY TUNED for ZONE SCHEDULES, Including Workshops, Speakers, and Activities for Each Zone, Coming Soon!
8:30 am – Fun Run Registration
9 am – Planet Lover’s Fun Run/Walk
9 am – Meet our Sponsor’s Breakfast
10 am – Opening Circle & Ceremony
10:30 am – All event-wide activities and zones open (open until 4 pm)
11 – 12 pm – Plant-Based Cook-Off: Brunch in the Park
1-3 pm -Interfaith Heal the Planet Dialogue/Youth-Led Small & Large group discussion
3-3:30 pm – Young Planet Leaders & Schools Awards Ceremony
3:30 pm – Closing Ceremony & Acknowledgements
4 pm – All zones and activities close
HEAL THE PLANET ACTIVATES SOUTH FLORIDA COMMUNITIES
IN A CELEBRATION OF THE PLANET
Fort Lauderdale, FL – April 14th, 2019 is HEAL THE PLANET DAY – a fantastic and meaningful outdoor festival at Snyder Park in Broward County hosted by the non-profit organization, Heal the Planet.
Join us to celebrate Earth Day and teach children about environmental stewardship, nutrition, sustainability, ecology, health and wellness, and mindfulness.
This event takes place from 9am-4pm and is an engaging event for people of all ages and walks of life with many different activities to choose from:
- Planet Lover’s Fun Run/Walk – Bring your whole family, scooters, bikes, etc.
- Grow Your Own Zone – Join us to learn about sustainable gardening practices
- Mindful Movement Zone – Come learn about various relaxation techniques to help with stress management;
- Kids Zone – Complete with a playground, face painting, meaningful and fun art projects, mindful movement for kids, and more;
- Young Planet Leaders Zone – Young people will learn how they can be making a positive difference for the Planet by attending workshops tailored just for them;
- Great Music, Speakers, Workshops, Healthy Food Choices, and more!
“Events like Heal the Planet Day offer children and families the opportunity to expand their thinking and learn about ways they can play a part in creating the kind of planet they would like to see.” says Heal The Planet Founder, Ken Fisher. “Besides that it’s full of fun, interactive, and experiential activities.”
The 4th Annual Heal the Planet Day is a community-based event designed to facilitate big conversations, connections and programs amongst partner organizations and participants in South Florida in 2019 and beyond.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF HEAL THE PLANET DAY? This event seeks to:
- Bring together people of diverse walks of life to find innovative solutions to the most pressing issues facing our Planet;
- Introduce participants to experiential learning opportunities in the fields of Wellness, Sustainability & Environmental leadership;
- Inspire and raise Young Planet Leaders through meaningful educational activities;
- Support local, sustainable vendors & workshop presenters in our interactive zones
- Showcase the efforts of companies demonstrating environmental leadership
Small Acts, locally can create a Huge Impact and make a big difference in offering solutions to global challenges. The first Earth Day on April 22, 1970 activated 22 million Americans in celebration of clean air, land, and water.
Heal the Planet Day has become a catalyst for building meaningful, hands-on, experiences for the South Florida community.
To find out more about Heal the Planet Day or to become a sponsor, visit www.healtheplanet.com/healtheplanetday/
Date: April 14, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Snyder Park, Fort Lauderdale (3299 SW 4th Avenue)