02 Feb Off
Heal the Planet Day celebrates Earth Day by bringing together the South Florida community for a day of excitement and fun, family friendly activities. There is a focus on learning how to work together to make a difference locally to build a healthy, sustainable planet! Admission is FREE for the General Public.
- “The Farmer and the Chef” Cooking Competition
Vegetarian cooking competition bringing together the best of local chefs & pairing them with a local farm. Get there early to sign up to be a judge which includes tasting and rating all the delicious food being prepared!
- Are you a chef or farmer and want to participate in the competition? Apply Here
- Farming Resource Zone
Our Farming Resource Zone is jammed pack with some fun educational presentations and activities where you can learn all about sustainable farms and farming! We will be hosting workshops for all ages. Featuring local farmers from different farms and presenting various styles of farming. You can even take home something to grow!
Conscious Living & Environmental Issue Presentations
- A Plant Based Food Demonstration
Live Music from Blue Sky Drive & Drum Cafe
Kids Zone – tons of super fun activities for all ages! Come play with us all day! (Schedule below)
Movement Zone – offering a variety of yoga and fitness classes all day (Schedule below)
Conscious Vendor Village
Main Stage Schedule:
11:00am – Opening address by Rachel Shapiro of Heal the Planet
11:20am – Michelle Alva – Conscious Connections
12:00pm – Drum Cafe Interactive Drum Circle
1:00pm – Ken Fisher – Founder of Heal the Planet Together,Inc.
1:15pm – Karen Ellis-Ritter – Co-Founder and President of Compassionate Farming Education Initiative
1:40pm – Southern Alliance for Clean Energy – What’s Going on with Turkey Point
2:00pm – Solar Energy Talk
2:30pm – Chef Competition Awards Ceremony
4:00pm – Blue Sky Drive Live Band
Kids Zone Schedule:
Check Out Our Kids Zone Schedule & Activities!
11:30am – Native Plant Demo
12:15pm – Probiotic Soda
1:00pm – Sound Bowl Experience
1:45pm – Collaborative Art Experience
2:30pm – Crystal Presentation
3:15pm – Native Plant Demo
4:00pm – Probiotic Soda
Plus All Day Activities:
- Trashformation w/ Susie Q & Harmless Harvest – make art out of trash
- Make a Bird feeder, a seed bomb, a sun catcher or why not all three!
- Face painting
- MOOP sorting activity (paper/plastic/trash)
- Earth Day scavenger hunt
- Around the World ball game
- Temporary Tattoos
- Bubble Fun
- Hula Hoops
- Ducks in a pond
- Arts & Crafts
- and a Puppet Show!
12-12:30pm – Gentle Yoga with Suki Eleuterio
12:45-1:15pm – Tai Chi with Gregg from Heart and Soul Yoga
1:30-2pm – Yoga Flow with Kim Unik
2:15-2:45pm – Orange Theory
3-3:30pm – Kids Yoga with Julie Halpern
More classes to be announced.
**Admission is FREE for the General Public.
VIP Tickets Available:
Join us in the VIP area for just $25, all proceeds benefit Heal the Planet organization. Sample local craft beer from Funky Buddha Brewary, wine and delectable vegan and vegetarian bites courtesy of Island Fusion Grill. Plus receive a VIP Gift Bag filled with goodies. VIPS are also automatically signed up to sample and vote in the “The Farmer and the Chef” Competition!
Proceeds from ticket sales support the Heal the Planet organization a local non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and empower the next generation of children and adults about the power of their daily choices and the huge impact these choices have on their own health and the well-being and sustainability of the planet.
Want to grow your business by reaching a rapidly expanding audience of conscious wellness consumers who care about the earth?
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
WHO IS HEAL THE PLANET
- A local non-profit organization whose aim is to inspire, empower, and support individuals and organizations working to heal the planet by providing resources, education, and leadership
- Heal the Planet provides free education to children on nutrition, exercise, and stress management through school programs and community events
- They actively engage local communities in sustainable lifestyle events and education and encourage and support change-makers, creative thinkers, and entrepreneurs about the power of choice and the importance of being more mindful and conscious in our daily lives
Comments are closed.